Hoffman 3-D Brain Phantom
The Hoffman 3-D Brain Phantom provides the anatomically accurate three-dimensional simulation of the radioisotope distribution found in the normal brain.
The Phantom allows quantitative and qualitative study of the three dimensional effects of scatter attenuation as they would appear in Iodine-123-IMP or Iodine-123-HIPDM imaging with single photon emission computer tomography or fluorine-FDG-F18 imaging with positron emission computed tomography.
The phantom simulates the 4:1 uptake ratio in the gray and white matter, normal in these studies. Ventricles that are normally void of radioactivity are present. The phantom is compromised of sturdy plastic and a single fillable chamber that eliminates the necessity of preparing different concentrations of radioisotope. Nineteen independent plates stack neatly within the cylindrical phantom for easy disassembly and assembly.
The user can easily add his own custom defects to simulate clinical abnormalities. The Phantom can be filled with the appropriate radioactive material or contrast material for SPECT, PET or MRI applications. Each of 19 inserts is made up of five thinner slices. Two slices 0.03" thick interspersed in 0.6" thick slices to create a composite slice.
- Evaluation of acquisition and reconstruction methods for brain ECT studies
- Evaluation of 3-D reconstruction methods
- Evaluation of 3-D attenuation and scatter compensation methods
- Evaluation of 3-D SPECT, PET and MRI registration techniques
- Anatomically accurate simulation of radioactivity distribution for brain SPECT and brain PET studies and distribution of proton density and relaxation parameters for brain MRI studies
- Simulates 4:1 uptake ratio (by partial volume effect) seen for normal gray and white matter in flow and metabolic studies
- Single fillable chamber eliminates the necessity of preparing different concentrations of radioactivity
- Fillable and solid defects for basil ganglia region available
Cylinder, Internal Diameter
Cylinder, Internal Height
Sorry, there are no documents available for this product.